Extrusion is a process that is used across the globe to create a wide range of fixed cross-sectional profiles. The extrusion process scores better over all other manufacturing processes allowing companies to create even the most complex and intriguing profiles. It is because different types of materials only meet compressive and shear stresses, resulting in the finished parts with unmatched surface finish. Some of the major materials that are extruded for different purposes include metals, concretes, polymers, modeling clay, and ceramics.
Here are some of the most popular ways to extrude metals:
- Direct and forward extrusion
- Sleeve method of direct extrusion
- Indirect or backward extrusion
- Impact extrusion
- Tube extrusion
- Stepped extrusion
- Combined forging and extrusion.
Some prominent features of the extrusion process
- Reduces the need for the secondary machining process
- Cross Section
- Wide variety
- Excellent surface finish.
India has seen a never-before industrial revolution in the past 3-4 decades. The country has achieved remarkable growth in extrusion and other industrial domains. Supermac Industries (India) Limited has also played a very positive role in it. The company came into existence in the year 1974 to offer world-class systems and process technologies. It is catering to the specific needs of extrusion industries worldwide. As one of the top extrusion and galvanized steel wire machine suppliers, Supermac is currently meeting the needs of the Power, Optical fiber, House wiring control cables, and Medical lines.
Innovation-driven, advanced product portfolio
Supermac as one of the top tube line machine manufacturers in India boasts of having a rich, vibrant, and advanced product portfolio. It includes a complete range of the following:
- Insulation line for building wires/automotive wires
- Insulation line and sheathing line for power cables
- Triple Extrusion Line for SILANE-XLPE Cables (up to 33 kV)
- Dry Cure CCV Lines
- Caterpillar & Capstans
- Take-Up and Pay-Off
- Screws & barrels.
Innovative and cost-effective processes, technologies, and solutions
The current market demand concentrates on innovative and cost-effective extruders. The extruders in demand should also adhere to all the standards. Supermac Industries (India) Limited, has created a large number of extrusion methodologies with a focus on innovation. The extrusion solutions provided by the company are empowering manufacturers for more efficiency, speed, and productivity.
As a result, they are having improvements in their manufacturing processes and overall production. Setting newer benchmarks within the industry, the company has always devised various first-time processes, technologies, and solutions. The primary purpose has been to meet the ever-growing demands of a new-age economy. All this has resulted from customized, innovative, and cutting-edge solutions. The company is the most preferred technology partner of global cable manufacturers.
Getting along with the Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 Standards
Industry 4.0 refers to the fourth industrial revolution. Supermac Industries (India) Limited has always conformed to industry 4.0 solutions. The company has come forward with several digital initiatives about the same. The company has realized the importance of the Industry Internet of Things IIoT. It is because it plays a pivotal role in transforming the areas such as:
- Process optimization and quality control
- Cross-vendor shop floor integration
- Energy efficiency and predictive maintenance, and
- Data security.
The company has various reputed digital partners. These entities help it transform all manufacturing processes. These new-age approaches have helped the company in establishing seamless connectivity across manufacturing units, different departments, and customers as well. The Industry Internet of things (IIoT) has also digitalized its workplaces. Some of the ultra-smart manufacturing concepts include the following:
- Well-managed IIoT framework for better connectivity and management
- Better assimilation of data from across the production lines
- Accurate and real-time monitoring of all critical parameters
- Comprehensive line uptime-downtime analysis
- OEE monitoring
- Real-time process traceability
- Unmatched machine learning/analytics capabilities
- A single, dedicated framework for visibility across globally distributed plants
Supermac Industries (India) Limited is among the first technological leaders in India. The company has strived hard to make modern technologies compatible with customers’ use. The company has added the following to its infrastructure:
- New beltless drives
- Servo mechanism, and
- Fast, responsive communications between machines
The company has gone the extra mile when it comes to ensuring new deployments. It also has upgraded its existing infrastructure so that customers can make the most of it. The up-gradation process incorporates the following:
- New design parts
- Changes in the designs like capstans, screws and barrels
- More innovative options for better productivity
- Anything that can improve productivity and is suitable for new plastics materials.
All these upgrades ensure more productivity and reduced running and downtime costs.
Controlling the breakdown challenges through remote services
After-sales support is the key to earning trust among customers. And, Supermac stands out when it comes to after-sales support. The company always acts proactively to resolve the customers’ issues. Sudden breakdown costs become an untenable liability for cable manufacturers, and Supermac has helped them in controlling the breakdown cost. All this has become possible with the sophistication in electrical and electronics infrastructure. The company has come up with a unique system to combat the breakdown challenges. It offers round the clock support to its customers via remote services. The Supermac team makes use of a special software program to take control of the customers’ panel. They get access to the control panel through the internet and then resolve the problem.
Some salient benefits of the remote services:
- Supermac’s online services are the quickest possible way to resolve customers’ issues
- To avail of remote services, customers need only a high-speed internet connection
- Remote services are very effective, efficient, and time-saver
- The plants located in remote areas benefit most from these services.
Supermac Industries (India) Limited manufactures extrusion machines, capstans, screws and barrels in India. The company has also grabbed the CE Mark for its high-quality products. The company is striving hard to improve all existing procedures. It always aims at deriving new changes and improving the quality of its products. Supermac has recently participated in the Sikora Global virtual meet. Here it discussed perspectives about readiness toward new market trends. More details about the company’s offerings can be explored right here on the website.